Mattituck-Laurel Historical Society and Museums
Drag box to select area
Mattituck-Laurel Historical Society and Museums is located on the corner of Main Road and Cardinal Drive, just east of Maratooka Lane in Mattituck. The Curator and Historian is Norman Wamback, a very personable and knowledgeable tour guide. The site has six historic buildings: the Ira Tuthill House, circa 1841, the Jesse Tuthill House, circa 1799; the "Out-Building" with 19th century farm equipment; the Milk House, circa 1850; Mattituck's first school hosue, circa 1780; and the west Mattituck school house, circa 1845. The Historical Society aims to involve the community in a knowledge of its history and furthers that goal with extensive archives and displays of historical artifacts.
18200 Main Rd, Mattituck, NY 11952
- Hours: July, August and September: Sat, Sun: 1pm - 4pm. Year round: by appointment.
- Accessible: no