- Books & Cookies: On Tuesday at 3 p.m., a teen program for ages 12 to 17 takes place at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport, where kids can eat cookies and talk about their favorite books. To RSVP, call 631-477-0660.
- Also at Floyd Memorial Library, on Wednesday at 6 p.m., a Teen Confetti Art event takes place. Kids can kick off the New Year getting creative with polka dot confetti, making awesome art to bring home. To RSVP, call 631-477-0660.
- Discuss the New Healthcare Reform: Friday Night Dialogues continues at the Shelter Island Public Library on Friday at 7 p.m. with a free event, "The New Healthcare Reform: What Does It Mean to You? What Does It Mean to Small Businesses?" Led by certified insurance adviser Frank Vecchio; donations are appreciated. For more info, call 631-749-0042 or click here. The event is co-sponsored with the Shelter Island Chamber of Commerce.
- Owl Pellet Dissection: The Downs Farm Preserve hosts an event for kids on Saturday at 10 a.m. at its Route 25 location in Cutchogue. The first session, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. is for kids ages four to nine; from noon to 1:30 p.m., the session is geared toward kids ages 10 and up.
Kids can discover what an owl’s diet consists of by dissecting the pellets of
the predators. Suggested donation is $5 per family. For reservations
or more information, contact Christine Tylee at 631-765-6450 ext. 208 or email
- The Fight Cabin Fever Concert Series takes place on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Raphael Vineyard and Winery in Peconic. Free. Chris Hurley & Friends will be playing in the tasting room.