Here's a look at what's happening on the North Fork this week:
- It's the annual Open House at Port of Egypt on Monday, beginning at 10 a.m. 62300 Main Road on Route 25 in Southold. Stock models in the water and ready for sea trials. Grady-White fall incentives up to $15,000 through November 4.
- Monday Night is Couples' Night at A Lure, located at 62300 Main Road in Southold, beginning at 5 p.m. $50 per couple includes shared choice of appetizer, choice of entree, shared dessert, the famous chocolate bag, and two glasses of local sparkling wine. For reservations, call 631-876-5300.
- "Fly Like an Eagle," part of the Tuesdays with Tom series. Meet on Tuesday at 8 a.m. at the Red House Nature Center, Inlet Pond County Park, 65275 Route 48, Greenport; the group will then head on to Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven, CT. October means hawk and eagle migration. The group will carpool over to the Cross Sound Ferry and go to Connecticut from there. Once in CT, plans include LHP and New Haven pizza.
- Learn needlepoint Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. at 195 Love Lane in Mattituck. Learn how to prepare the materials, stitch the three basic stitches and when to use them in a design. The group will make a sampler as well as a small project, look at examples, and sample the variety of materials available in today's marketplace.
- It's Spirit Week at Greenport Schools, culiminating with Friday's Homecoming Parade and game. For more info, click here.
- Tom Daminai sings "From Sinatra to Disco" on Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. at the Soundview Restaurant on North Road in Greenport. It's also $10 burger and beer night at the Soundview.
- Homecoming also takes place at Mattituck High School on Saturday. For more info, click here.