- Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell will host an information session Monday on a 2014 town budget that proposes a 1.17 percent tax increase. Russell and Town Comptroller John Cushman will be onhand for the session, which will take place Monday at 6 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center; the two will discuss the proposed budget as well as the budgeting process. A public hearing will be held on November 6 at 7 p.m.
- A Greenport Vilage Board meeting takes place Monday at 6 p.m. at the Third Street Firehouse.
- Thursday night means a new Pasta Night Special at Touch of Venice, located at 28350 Main Road in Cutchogue. $20 includes choice of salad and pasta entree. Choose from four different salads and eight different pasta dishes. For additional information and reservations, call 631-298-5851.
- The Riverhead Project features The Book Project on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Riverhead. Free. Author Dave Bry wants to say he's sorry. The author will discuss "Public Apology," an essay collection Rolling Stone has calls "hilarious and heartbreaking." Complimentary hors d'oeuvres. Cash bar.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. on Halloween, celebrate the spooky happenings at the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center. On Halloween, kids in costume enjoy half-off their admission with one paid adult. Good at Aquarium and Exhibition Center.
- The North Fork Community Theatre presents "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," with book and lyrics by Joe DiPietro and music by Jimmy Roberts. ILYYPNC opens on Friday and runs through Nov. 17. All shows are 8 p.m. except for Sunday matinees at 2:30 p.m.. Free pre-show receptions at 7 p.m. at the following performances:
Fri., Nov. 1: Scarola Vineyards and Village Cheese Shop
Thurs,. Nov. 7: Bella Vita Vineyards
Thurs., Nov. 14: Bella Vita Vineyards
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at 631-298-NFCT or by clicking here.
Student Rush: Student tickets will be available for $15 at the box office beginning 10 minutes before each performance. These tickets are subject to availability and cannot be reserved ahead of time. Contact information: Mary Motto Kalich (Producer), 917-334-6639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Hal