It’s the middle of July and summer is heating up with activities. Feel free to use this guide to plan out your week.
1. Local band Barking Men with take center stage at amphitheater Monday night at 7 p.m. as part of the summer concert series. Bring lawn chairs and a blanket and lots to drink – it’s a humid one out there.
2. The meets for work session at 9 a.m. and a regular public meeting at 4:30 p.m. at Southold Town Hall on Tuesday. Though the agenda is not yet listed on the website, you can bet that the Town’s handling of private garbage carters will be discussed. Go-Green sanitation was recently issued violations for picking up residential refuse that was not in yellow bags, as is required by the Town. But this law has long come under fire for penalizing residential customers.
3. Take a tour of local cemeteries on Wednesday with Melissa Andruski at 6 p.m. Meet her at the entrance of the and enjoy a unique look at local history.
4. Noted actor and producer will screen “A Bronx Tale” at in Greenport as part of the ongoing program here on the North Fork. Call Peconic Landing for tickets and more information.
5. Live in Wine Country but never go wine tastings? would like that to change. The Peconic vineyard is offering a $20 value vine to wine tour and tasting for only $5 to anyone who can prove they live anywhere from Riverhead to Orient Point. Plus, residents will also receive 15 percent off of bottles. The special will be available on Fridays at 4:00 p.m. from July 6 through August 31.