North Fork residents have been ordered to evacuate parts of Mattituck, Laurel, Cutchogue, New Suffolk, Nassau Point, Southold, Peconic, Greenport, East Marion and Orient as Hurricane Sandy approaches.
Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell and the town's emergency management team released the order Sunday afternoon, adding that if a local fire department encourages you to leave an area outside of these orders you should comply.
"Emergency services might not be able to reach you during the storm event," the supervisor said.
Mandatory evacuations are ordered for the following areas:
- Peconic Bay Blvd. south of roadway
- New Suffolk Ave. south of roadway
- Areas South of New Suffolk Ave. including
- Dean Drive/Beachwood Drive
- South end of Moore's Lane
- Areas South of New Suffolk Ave.
- Kimoginor Point Community
- Areas in New Suffolk the First Street Shoreline and Grathwohl Road
- Low areas including parts of Fleetwood Road and Stillwater Ave.
- West Creek Avenue
- Southern end of Harbor Lane and Oak Street
- Nassau Point/Nassau Farms:
- Fisherman's Beach
- Broadwater Road
- Broadwaters Cover Development
- Mason Drive
- Parts of Skunk Lane/Pine Tree Road
Laughing Waters, Goose Creek, Richmond Creek, Corey Creek, Cedar Beach, Southold Bay Areas, Jockey Creek, Town Creek, Willow Point, Biexedon, Budd's Pond, Longsmith, Goldsmith's
Snug Harbor Road, Dawn Drive, Wiggins Lane, Maple Lane, Inlet Pond Road, Inlet Ext, South End of Manhasset Avenue, Atlantic Avenue, East End of Manor Street, Sterling Avenue, East End of Bay Avenue, End of 4th, 5th and 6th Street, Blue Marlin, Tarpon Drive, Sage Blvd., Albacore Drive, Silvermere Road, Shore Drive, South End of Pipe's Neck Lane, Island View Lane, Bayshore Road, Parts of August Acres, Colony Road
- Bay Ave. south of Marion Lake Bridge including Rabbit Lane
- Cleaves Point Lane at the end of Shipyard Lane
- Old Orchard Lane south of Bayview Ave.
- South of Midland Place on Gillette Drive
- East of Cove Beach Estates, north and south of Route 25
- Cedar Lane south of Bayview Drive including Pine Place
- Village Lane South of Orchard Street
- Willow Terrace Area
- Bay Road
- Narrow River Road
- Harbor Road
Remember: Schools are closed and the following Southold Town shelters will be available beginning on Sunday at 5 p.m.
Mattituck High School
Southold High School
Greenport High School
Fishers Island School
Each of the shelters listed allows pets.