Members of the East End Drug Task Force arrested four Greenport residents and one Laurel man on several drug-related charged after investigating two separate cases this month, reported on Wednesday.
Acting on complaints from a number of North Fork residents, the following suspects were charged with the following offenses after pre-dawn search warrants were executed at 540 Main Street in Greenport on Wednesday and at 255 Sixth Street in Laurel on March 11:
- Dacosta Foster, 20, of Greenport: Three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of marijuana
- Lashawn Lawrence, 27, of Greenport: Two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia
- Winston Simon, 44, of Greenport: Second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia
- Larencia Lawrence, 60, of Greenport: Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia. Lawrence also has an outstanding New York City bench warrant for possession of gambling records and will be extradited to Manhattan, police said.
- Thomas Ahlers, 20, of Laurel: Fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana
Police reported recovering cocaine, marijuana, scales, packaging materials, and a large sum of money from the Greenport residence and a quantity of marijuana, scales, packaging materials, a large sum of money, and an illegal weapon from the Laurel residence.
All suspects were arraigned in Members of the Southold Town Police Department, the Suffolk County Police Emergency Department Service Unit and the Suffolk County Sheriff's Canine Unit assisted in the investigations.
None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime, but were charged with the above offenses. They are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.