Former Shelter Island Resident Loses Family in Connecticut Fire

The parents and young children of a New York City business woman formerly of Shelter Island died in a Connecticut house fire Christmas morning.

Madonna Badger, formerly of Shelter Island, lost her parents and three young daughters in a Christmas morning house fire in Stamford, Conn., according to reports published on the Suffolk Times and

Authorities believe the fire started between 3 and 3:30 a.m. from embers from a Yule log. The fire took the lives of Badger’s parents, Lomer and Pauline, and her children Lily, 10, and 7-year-old twins Sarah and Grace. Badger, founder of the Badger & Winter Group advertising agency in New York, and her boyfriend tried to get back into the burning house but flames prevented several rescue attempts. The blaze destroyed the $1.725 million five-bedroom soundfront home.

Rebecca Hoey January 01, 2012 at 02:22 PM
I'm so sorry for Ms. Badger's inconceivable loss -- My thoughts and prayers go out to her.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »