North Fork Patch thought it would be fun to get suggestions for one of our own: "Stuff People on the North Fork Say."
We want to hear your suggestions for our list of what stereotypical North Fork locals and visitors always say.
Here are some initial ideas to get the ball rolling. Feel free to add yours to the comments section below.
• Not for nothin', but ...
• I'm going up-Island
• Look out for that deer!
• Take the North Road, it's faster.
• I love the new Mattituck 7-Eleven.
• I hate the new Mattituck 7-Eleven.
• Save what's left.
• We went clamming down in New Suffolk today.
• I have to run to Rivercity, need anything?
• Oh well, you know ... it's a Shelter Island thing.
• Should I drive around or take the ferry?
• Is that north or south of the tracks?
• This is truly God's country
• You live in a postcard
• Is that a McDonald's or a country club?
• Seriously? A protest against a 7-Eleven?
• I have no cell phone reception
• What's a hamlet?
• Are we still on Long Island?
• It's 11 p.m. — why isn't anything open?
• Whoohoo! Party at Vineyard 48!