Tuesday's question of the day focused on where you like to go for Here are five places you mentioned in your comments — thanks for your input!
1. said, "I go to Handy Pantry everyday....always puts up fresh pots." Handy Pantry is located at 12250 Route 25 in Mattituck. It's true — their coffee is always well-stocked and you can pick up a few essential grocery items or a snack at the store with a deli.
2. said, "I go to in Cutchogue next to that awesome pet store called The Feed Bag." Makes sense for the owner of the, and Karen's is usually packed with coffee- and sandwich-seekers on any given day. The deli is located across from Scoops on Route 25 in Cutchogue, near the intersection of Route 25 and New Suffolk Road.
3. said, " in Greenport is best, bar none." Aldo is a self-proclaimed "foremost artisan roaster on the East End of
Long Island since 1987." He does take his coffee very seriously and, with Starbucks closing on Oct. 3, his will be one of the only places for gourmet coffee in the village once the weather cools.
said, "Ugh!!! Best coffee on the North Fork by far is LI Coffee Roasters."
Well .... ugh, George. Here are a few places to find LI Coffee Roasters:
4. Located on Main Street, in Greenport is a small shop specializing in cupcakes, pastries, lunch items, fondue — and you can grab a cup of LI Coffee Roasters coffee from owner
5. also carries the Long Island brand of coffee. The Mattituck spot on Love Lane is perfect for a to-go cup or to sit inside and take that midday break for a bit. And now that the next door is open, you can grab that cut of specialty meat you were planning on for dinner afterward.