You can stay local and in the know with the Southold Town Board today, or you can get away from it all and watch birds:
1. Southold Town Board members meet for work session today at 9 a.m. then meet later at 4:30 p.m. at Town Hall. You can bet deer will be on the agenda.
2. Have the day off? Meet Tom Damiani at the Mattituck Shopping Plaza this morning at 8 a.m. and head out to Jamaica Bay to watch some birds for the day. The North Fork Audubon society is hosting the trip. Call 631-275-3202 for more information.
3. The Southold Historical Society presents a look at history through James Mauro's book "Twilight at the World of Tomorrow" tonight at 8 p.m. at the Shores at Peconic Landing in Greenport. The event is free. Call 631-477-3800 for more information.
4. Frustrated by the lack of customer service at the Greenport electric plant? Village trustees are working on it: http://patch.com/A-MRm
5. It's open mic Tuesday once again at Martha Clara Vineyards in Riverhead. Beat the mid-week blues. Go play.