Being a teenager myself, I often hear from aunts and uncles that they never know what to get me for the holidays. Hopefully this will help all of you who don't know what to get for the teenagers on your list.
1. Beanies and ski caps are coming back on the North Fork. This gift is not only fashionable but also practical, fairly inexpensive and easy to find locally.
2. Dr. Dre's Monster Beats Headphones are a great gift for the music lovers. The rule of thumb with these — the bigger the better! They are available at electronics stores as well as online.
3. Corduroy pants and plaid flannel shirts are a great gift and again useful. Both are just starting to come back on the North Fork and will make him a trendsetter. These items are also very easy to find at stores across the North Fork as well as Riverhead.
1. Scarves are one of the safest bets this holiday season. They go with literally anything and are extremely popular among North Fork girls. Shape, size, and color are up to you, however circle scarves or tube scarves are not as commonly worn and it will be less likely that she already has one. They are also really easy to find at stores like and .
2. Pandora bracelets and charms are also great presents. They are a little pricy but so popular among the girls this season. This present will also set you up to get her a charm for every holiday and birthday to follow, making future shopping easy. Pandora is available at in Southold.
3. Ugg boots are also very popular and a safe bet. There are many selections of style and color, the crochet boots are very versatile because they can be worn as ankle boots and tall boots. If Uggs are a little more than your wallet can handle, ankle boots or above the knee boots of any brand are very popular this year. in Greenport or Mattituck is a great place to look for these styles.
For Girls and Guys:
3. Cameras are a great gift for teens. Many teens across the North Fork are very into photography, and the Canon EOS or the Nikon CoolPix 100 would be a good fit. If your teen already has one of these high end cameras, a new lens or flash would be a good gift. For those who just want a cute point and shoot camera, a Sony Cybershot or Kodak EasyShare is a good choice.
4. Video games are always a good choice. Whether it be Xbox 360, PS3, or the Wii, many North Fork teens have a video gaming system, and there are always new games on the market. The hot games this season are Call of Duty Black Ops for Xbox 360, Dance Central for Xbox 360 with Kinect and Just Dance 2 for Wii.