To help with the search for a holiday gift that should be just right for your pet, we've talked to a few local shop-owners to find out what they're carrying this holiday season. But even if someone you know doesn't have a pet yet loves animals, there are some really neat things for them as well.
First, here are some suggestions for the precious pets in your life:
2. Horse Blankets — North Fork Saddlery carries winter blankets to keep your equine friend comfy and warm during the colder months of the year.
3. Handmade doggie neck warmers and scarves — located on Love Lane, carries these one-of-a-kind locally handmade accessories. There are many colors and sizes to choose from.
4. Stretchy fleece for Dogs -- These soft jackets by Gold Paw are really easy to put on and take off -- making it easier to go out on those chilly evening walks. These can also be found at The Country Pet Boutique.
5. Homemade dog biscuits and Treats — Fido will definitely smell these goodies in his stocking. At The Feed Bag of Cutchogue, you'll find a wonderful assortment of homemade dog biscuits. Dog Town carries K9 Granola, an all-natural snack for dogs. Be sure to pick some up before they're all gone.
6. Cat and Dog Toys — Holiday-inspired toys, and lots of 'em, can be found at area shops such as , The Feed Bag, and The Country Pet Boutique.
Next, here are a few gift ideas for animal-lovers themselves:
7. Picture frames — With quotes such as "Who rescued who?", The Country Pet Boutique has a nice selection of animal style frames to choose from.
9. Dog pillows — These sentimental little pillows can be given to any dedicated dog lover to decorate their home with. They can be found at The Country Pet Boutique.
10. Horse inspired gifts — Stop into North Fork Saddlery and check out their housewares, jewelry, and toys — all with an equestrian theme.