This holiday season, try to avoid the crowds at the malls farther west and head out to our local shops for your holiday shopping. Here are just a few places to shop on the North Fork this month.
1. in Mattituck is home to some of the finest handmade jewelry on the North Fork. They have everything from beads and pearls to sparkly diamonds as well as beautiful scarves, hats, gloves, and handbags. Their prices are very reasonable and if you don't see anything that strikes your fancy just ask them to make something to suit your needs. The owners are fantastic and hand make lots of the items on premises. The shop also has small toys and fad items for children as well as a large selection of candy and treats.
2. in Mattituck is a great spot to shop for anyone who enjoys eclectic décor. They have everything from candle sticks and picture frames to jewelry and handbags. Bauer's is also one of the only Vera Bradley vendors on the North Fork which is always a safe bet when shopping for the ladies.
3. in Southold has a great variety of jewelry and is also one of the only Pandora vendors on the North Fork. Pandora is a charm bracelet which has now extended to include earrings and pendants and is sure to put a smile on anyone's face this holiday season.
4. in Greenport is another little jewelry shop but they also carry scarves, hats, gloves, and sometimes clothing items. They have jewelry items to suit any taste with everything from braided rope bracelets to diamond pendants all at affordable prices.
5. in Greenport is great for the reader in your life. They carry books recently published as well as some of those titles that are a little harder to find. They also have nonfiction and travel books as well as children's selections so it is easy to please anyone with a book from Burtons.
6. in Greenport offers women's clothing items and jewelry as well as handbags and other accessories. The store has lots of different styles and pieces. It is a great spot to find something a little different like a funky belt or scarf but also find basic items to offset them. Creations by Lisa is a great spot to find some of those department store fashions without the price tag and the drive.
7. (aka Rothman's Guitar Store) is a perfect spot to find a gift for the music lover in your life. The store specializes in the buying and selling of vintage guitars as well as other instruments, however the store does carry other items and boasts to being "one of the most unique department stores you'll ever experience." The knowledgeable staff will help you select the right gift even if you have no idea how to pick out the right guitar.
8. Santa's Christmas Tree Farm in Cutchogue is a perfect stop for Christmas gifts. The shop offers a variety of decorations like the classic train and tiny town buildings as well as ornaments and wreaths and of course the Christmas Trees themselves. They can also personalize ornaments and decorations for that special milestone Christmas.
9. Candy shops are always a good spot to get the presents for the people you don't really know or don't really like. Lucky for you there are lots of fantastic candy and confectioners on the North Fork. The in Mattituck, Sacred Sweets, and Butta' Cakes all in Greenport are great places to get an inexpensive but delicious gift.
10. Thrift shops and church shops are also fantastic for finding something unique and special but best of all affordable., the thrift shop in Greenport, for example, features tons of hidden treasures inside just waiting for a home.