The Super Bowl might be the focus for many this weekend, but wineries and many other groups are offering activities:
1. The North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck will present "A Fine Romance" on Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. as a fundraiser for the NFCT Building On Tradition Campaign. In "A Fine Romance" Lauren Sisson sings songs about love, accompanied by Kelli Baumann, and featuring Bob Beodeker. With music by George Gershwin • Jerome Kern * Hoagy Carmichael • Rodgers & Hammerstein • Jule Styne • Kurt Weill and others. Reserve tickets by calling (631) 298-NFCT or go online to www.nfct.com. For more info contact Mary Motto Kalich, 917-334-6639. NFCT • PO Box 86 • Mattituck.
2. An AARP Driver Safety Program with Bernie Kettenbeil happens Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Cutchogue New Suffolk Free Library. Bring "Brown Bag" lunch. Coffee will be served. Cost is $17 for AARP members, $19 for non-members. Registration required at 734-6360.
3. Comtesse Therese Vineyards offer tours of their Aquebogue location every Saturday at 3 p.m., featuring a guided vineyard tour, tasting of four wines, and sampling of artisanal cheeses made from North Fork cow's milk for $15.
4. Go to the North Fork Tasting Room for Super Bowl Sunday at 12 p.m. Enjoy two 42" flat screens, new brews on tap, and Game Day appetizer specials such as: wings, mozzerella sticks, pierogies, spring rolls, sweet potato fries, and potato pancakes.
5. What will you be doing for the Super Bowl? Let us know in the comments and be sure to click here for more suggestions.