We’ve all hopefully dug out from the snows of Nemo by now and are making plans for a productive week despite the rough roads out there. And remember — Valentine’s Day is Thursday. Here are a few happenings this week:
1. Members of the Southold Town Board meet Tuesday at 9 a.m. for work session and at 7:30 p.m. for a public meeting in Town Hall. Items on the agenda include: a long-term recovery executive briefing with a representative from FEMA, a dugout proposal for the North Fork Hampton Collegiate Baseball Team, and a public hearing on increasing the Cold War Veteran’s Tax Exemption in town law.
2. Shrove Tuesday Ham Dinner: Holy Trinity Episcopal Church's Annual Shrove Tuesday Ham Dinner starts at 6 p.m. The dinner includes home-cooked pea soup, baked ham with raisin sauce, “famous” baked beans, potatoes, vegetables, and homemade pies. Donations are $25 for adults and $8 for children under age 12. Takeout is available. All donations support church and outreach projects to the local community. Holy Trinity Episcopal/Anglican Church is located at 768 Main Street in Greenport. For reservations, tickets, and group seating, please call: (631) 477-0855.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day
3. Valentines Day at aMano in Mattituck: February 14, 15 & 16 - three days of a special Valentine Prix Fixe Menu, Early Seating $35 pp, Later Seating $55 pp (Later seating served with Sparkling Point Cuvee Carnaval), For menus, visit www.amanorestaurant.com. Reservations: 631-298-4800
4. ChocoVino (Numero Due) at Long Island Aquarium: Spend a romantic evening Friday at 8 p.m. at a wine and chocolate pairing at the Long Island Aquarium. Sip on wine, give into sweets, and enjoying a five-course dinner with your spouse, BF, GF, or maybe even your BFF? Cost is 160 for couple ages 21 up. Reservations are required – call 631.208.9200, ext. H2O (426). All prices plus tax.
5. Have a Heart Dinner to benefit Community Action Southold Town (CAST): This Valentine’s event happens on Friday at 5 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. For $20, enjoy food and live music to support CAST. Seating is limited, so call today to make your reservation at 631-477-1717
6. Valentine's Day Romance Getaway at The Harborfront Inn: This Greenport hotel is offering special rates for Valentine’s Day. The $169 package includes: Overnight accommodations in a luxurious deluxe room of choice featuring views of the Mitchell Park carousel and partial views of Greenport harbor and Shelter Island, complimentary continental breakfast, and a box of chocolates in the room. What are your big plans for the week? Tell us in the comments.