The week has only begun — here are a few events and activities happening. Be sure to visit our calendar of events here, and click here to find out how to list your own events.
1. Members of the Southold Town Board meet on Tuesday for a regular meeting at 4:30 p.m. after 9 a.m. work session. They will accept the resignation of Al Krupski, discuss purchasing hybrid vehicles for town use, vote on changes to coastal erosion and wetlands code, and discuss ways to rectify complaints regarding noise and vibration from small wind turbines. A public hearing on proposed changes to a law regarding dogs on beaches will also be held after the meeting. Click here for the full agenda.
2. Greenport Ice Skating: Public skating is open at the Village of Greenport Ice Rink at Mitchell Park daily from 3 to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $10 and skate rentals are available. Special Friday family night discount session happens from 5 to 7 p.m. every week.
3. February StoryWalk®: Stranger in the Woods: Come for a short self-guided half-mile hike and read a story as you go on Friday at 79 Route 114 on Shelter Island at 9 a.m. This beautifully photographed winter story about forest animals' curiosity and confusion over a snowman that has magically appeared in their woods has become a heartwarming favorite.
4. Mattituck-Cutchogue Little League Online Registration Open: You still have time to register your little ones for Mattituck-Cutchogue little league, which is open to all boys and girls ages 5-12 residents of Mattituck, Laurel, Cutchogue, and New Suffolk. Registration deadline is Feb. 2. Cost for t-ball is $70. All other divisions are $90. Register online at mc-littleleague.com.
5. Taize' Service: Join those seeking peace, harmony and spiritual connection through simple, candlelit worship service Thursday at 7 p.m. at the First Parish Church in Riverhead. The church offers worship services for individuals throughout the Suffolk County area. Taize services offer contemplative musical meditation for worshippers.
"Get Your Pizza Thursdays" at aMano: Enjoy half-priced gourmet pizzas from aMano’s wood-burning oven every Thursday in Mattituck as well as two for one cocktails at the bar from 5 to 7 p.m.