Now that we’re all slowly recovering from Super Bowl mania, let’s take a look at a few highlights of the coming week. Click on these links if you have information to share on North Fork Patch: Announcements.
1. Hospitality Industry Mondays at the Riverhead Project: If you work in the hospitality industry, every Monday means social and networking time in the bar and lounge of The Riverhead Project on Main Street. Half-price drinks are available from open to close every Monday for hotel, winery, bar, and restaurant owners/ managers/ staff from anywhere in the world. To participate, bring your most recent pay stub
2. Relay For Life Kick Off: Join the committee for Southold’s Relay for Life, a benefit to the American Cancer Society, us as we celebrate the event’s kickoff with an evening of sweet treats on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Southold Elementary School. Learn more about how you can be involved in a cancer-free world. www.relayforlife.org/southoldny
3. Winter Blood Drive: Eastern Long Island Hospital in Greenport has set up a blood drive beginning at 8 a.m. on Thursday in response to a blood shortage emergency issued by Long Island Blood Services. All blood donors will receive a $5 gift card to the Corner Gift Shop or the Green House Grill at the hospital. To schedule an appointment, call 631.477.5100.
It’s February and time for winter high school musicals:
4. Greenport High School Drama Club Presents ‘Guys and Dolls’: Relive the days of gangsters and gamblers of the New York underworld with Greenport High School’s drama club’s version of the 1950 classic musical, “Guys and Dolls,” which debuts Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. at the high school auditorium. Click here for more show dates and times.
5. Mattituck High School Theater Company Presents ‘Once Upon a Mattress’: Over in Mattituck, high school thespians will give it their all in the 1959 musical, “Once Upon a Mattress,” an adaptation of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale The Princess and the Pea. Show times are: Feb. 7, 8, 9 (Thurs - Sat) at 7:30 p.m. atMattituck High School’s auditorium. Tickets are available at the door for $10 general, $5 for students. Meet princesses for photos / autographs at 7 p.m.