Top chefs meet top wines from Long Island in Brooklyn and the tall ship Lynx is still available for rides in Greenport — it all happens on Tuesday.
1. Take a road trip up the island to the Big Apple for a gala in Brooklyn featuring food from celebrity chefs and wine from our very own neck of the woods at 6 p.m. The event is called and takes place at the Brooklyn Academy of Music at 30 Lafayette Avenue in Brooklyn. The wines of the following vineyards will be included: Brooklyn Wine Co., Grapes of Roth, , Long Island Merlot Alliance, Mattebella Vineyards, and Check out www.ediblemanhattan.com/20110204/brooklyn-uncorked-2011.
2. Dragons are cool, so don't miss dragon storytime at the , 27550 Route 25 in Cutchogue, at 6:30 p.m. The session is perfect for kids ages 4 and 5.Call 631-734-6360.
3. It's budget hearing time at , 720 Front Street in Greenport, at 7 p.m. Check out our for the district's 2011-12 school year right here on North Fork Patch. Call 631-477-1950.
4. There's only a couple of days left to tour the a replica of a historic 1812 naval schooner, at , 115 Front Street in Greenport. Go to www.privateerlynx.org or call 1-949-274-5785 for more information.
5. Our new blog feature is really taking off. If you'd like to have your very own blog and write about anything under the , please email email@example.com and we'll get you hooked up.
Stuff happens on the North Fork. Be sure to stay with North Fork Patch for our comprehensive events listings: http://northfork.patch.com/search/events.