Looking for relief from these early dog days? Try some wine and live music or hop the train for a unique North Fork tour.
1. It's thirsty Thursday at , 38355 Route 25 in Peconic, from 5 to 8 p.m. The winery stays open later with live music from Dallas Garvin. Call 631-734-6010 or go to lenzwine.com/Events.php.
2. , 1120 Oaklawn Avenue in Southold, holds a small ensembles concert at 7:30 p.m. See how talented local youngsters are — call 631-765-5400.
3. Brush up on your digital photography skills at , 3165 Route 25 in Laurel, from 6 to 9 p.m. Members can learn about digital photography from an experienced professional and meet others who share their love of photography. Call 631-765-3572.
4. , 423 Griffing Avenue in Riverhead, holds a class on nutrition and health at 3 p.m. This session will help you learn how to read food labels to make quick, informed choices that contribute to a healthier diet. Call 631-727-7850 ext. 374.
5. Want a unique perspective of the North Fork? Why not take the Long Island Railroad between the two museums in Greenport and Riverhead? The tracks run between Route 48 and Route 25 and provide views you're just not used to. Stay tuned for a story on the trip.