Support your local hospital at a re-dedication ceremony this afternoon at the emergency dock and live it up in winery country in the evening on this Thursday before July 4th weekend.
1. Staff members of , 201 Manor Place in Greenport, will hold a ceremony at 1 p.m. to re-dedicate its emergency dock in memory of Auxilary Coast Guard member Sal Prato. Prato, who died of cancer in 2009, was one of the driving forces to get the dock built in 2003. Call 631-477-1000 or go to elih.org.
2. , 39935 Route 25 in Peconic, is also hosting a ceremony to commemorate the opening of its at the winery starting at 5:30 p.m. with a champagne toast at 6:30 p.m., live music and complimentary hors d’oeuvres throughout the night. The new deck and covered room will feature table service, wines by the glass, light food pairings, live music, and special events. Call 631-734-3200 or go to pindar.net.
3. Kick off July 4th weekend before it even starts at the Greenport Fireman’s Carnival at the polo grounds near theoff of Moores Lane in the village at 6 p.m. This is sponsored by Phenix Hook & Ladder and Relief Hose Companies of the Call 631-477-9801.
4. It’s summer and time once again for at in Peconic. The winery will stay open until 11 p.m., with the music of Heat Wave beginning at 6 p.m. Bring your picnic dinner and get ready for wine, friends, dancing and a fabulous night. Call 631-765-1100.
5. Those working in North Fork wedding country say they expect and are looking forward to numerous requests for wedding ceremony services from same-sex couples now that the New York State Marriage Equality Act has passed. Read the story here: http://patch.com/A-jLVm.
Stuff happens on the North Fork. Be sure to stay with North Fork Patch for our comprehensive events listings: http://northfork.patch.com/search/events.