It's all about learning about nature today on the North Fork.
1. Live animals from awill be on hand at , 539 First Street in Greenport, at 1 p.m. Students can learn what is going on in their own backyards. Call 631-477-0660.
2. It's a big night for bugs at , 65275 Route 48 in Greenport at 7:30 p.m. Catch a very special screening of "Vanishing of the Bees," a full-length 2010 documentary that follows two commercial beekeepers as they strive to keep their bees healthy and fulfill pollination contracts across the U.S. Laura Klahre, from Blossom Meadow Honey, will be there to answer your questions and provide a sampling of the honey made by her "girls." Throughout the evening capture and identify night-flying insects from the gardens behind the Red House.
3. The North Shore Horse Rescue will be hosting a southern-style barbecue, chinese auction, and 50/50 raffle to benefit the organization's programs at 6025 Sound Avenue in Riverhead, at 7:30 p.m. Call 631-334-8258.
4. Enjoy the music ofat , 44075 Route 25 in Southold, from 6 to 9 p.m., rain or shine. Call 765-4620.
5. Be patriotic about Greenport with a performance from the at , 115 Front Street in Greenport, at 7:30. Bring the family and some lawn chairs and soak in the evening.
Stuff happens on the North Fork. Be sure to stay with North Fork Patch for our comprehensive events listings: http://northfork.patch.com/search/events.