Another tall ship sails into Greenport for tours and it's yoga time at the Shelter Island Library:
1. will be docked at the east pier at in Greenport at 10 a.m. The Roseway is the last of the historic Grand Banks New England fishing schooners. She will be open to the public on Thursday for ships tours and then departing for points north on Friday. Call 631-477-2200.
2. Get your zen on with your kid at at noon at the , 37 North Ferry Road on Shelter Island. The session with Mary Hassel is for children entering grades pre-K through second. Call 631-749-0042.
3. , 539 First Street in Greenport, hosts a beginning at 6 p.m. with a viewing of "The Harmonists" — the true story of a legendary German singing group that was forced to disband in 1934 as the Nazis came to power because some of their members were Jewish. Call 631-477-0660.
4. North Fork Patch editorhosts at from 6 to 9 p.m. (ish – it always goes later). Pretend you're a rock star before the real ones hit the this weekend at 31320 Route 25 in Cutchogue. Call 631-734-7361
5. Sending your kid to private school? Despite the rough economy, you're not alone — North Fork Patch found several local parents who find that shelling out extra tuition money to have their children attend schools like in Riverhead and the Ross School in East Hampton is worth every penny. Stay tuned for the article.
Stuff happens on the North Fork. Be sure to stay with North Fork Patch for our comprehensive events listings: http://northfork.patch.com/search/events.