The North Fork honors Dr. Martin Luther King the day before the official holiday, and a local nature expert leads a casual hike through today.
1. The Southold anti-bias task force holds its annual celebration of life today at the at 4 p.m. Rev. Sam Fulford of the First Baptist Church of Bridgehampton will be joined by the musical group Anointed Creation, and refreshments will be served following the program. Call 631-765-2597. is also hosting an event in the name of Dr. King complete with refreshments at 3 p.m. Call 631-727-3200.
2. The hosts a benefit concert for the Don McNeil memorial scholarship fund today at 4 p.m. featuring the music of organist Jason Cockerill. Donations will be accepted. Call 631-323-2555.
3. is also hosting an event to raise funds for a memorial scholarship today. The starts at 11:30 p.m. at the Manor Lane restaurant. Please call 631-722-0500 for a reservation. All proceeds from the brunch will go to the Ryan Hautsch scholarship fund.
4. Like nature? Like to walk? Then call the at 631-765-5182 to register for a through the narrow strip of untouched beach-side real estate starting at 10 a.m. This event is for ages 9 and up and is sponsored by the .
5. Later today on North Fork Patch, meet Bob Allen, great grandson of William H. Follett, the last keeper at Orient’s Bug Light and the man now in charge of keeping the iconic lighthouse’s historic flame alive.
Stuff happens on the North Fork. Be sure to stay with North Fork Patch for our comprehensive events listings: http://northfork.patch.com/search/events.