Give blood, learn about love and go on a date today before North Fork Patch launches a new series dedicated to local moms later this week.
1. Though it might be hard to get around due to the weather these days, it's never a bad time to donate your blood to healthcare workers. Do it today at the , 210 Center Dr, Riverhead, from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 1-800-933-2566.
2. Discuss the book "The History of Love" by Nicole Kraus today at 12 p.m. at the in Greenport. Another session takes place at in Greenport at 4 p.m. Call 631-477- 0660.
3. It's date night at , 44780 County Road 48, in Southold beginning at 6 p.m. tonight. Get entrees such as Steak Au Poivre, Chicken Cordon Bleu, or Flounder Francaise for only $21.95, complete with a free glass of champagne. Call 631-765-2111.
4. Giveofficials your two cents on their comprehensive plan at the , 920 Peconic Ln, in Peconic at 7 p.m. tonight. Call 631-765-1938.
5. Speaking of recreation centers, stay tuned to North Fork Patch for a lively debate amongst local moms on Southold Town's lack of recreational things to do during the winter months. The live, interactive column is called "Mom's Talk" and debuts at 1 p.m. on Wednesday. You're all invited to chat.