We want to commemorate 9/11 by hearing your stories this week.
1. Over the next few weeks, North Fork Patch will be compiling stories on the various ways the attacks of Sept. 11 have affected your life, even in the simplest of ways — please let us know how your view of the world has changed 10 years after the fact. Please email editor Erin Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In local food and drink news:
2. It's at , 35 Cox Neck Road in Mattituck from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Enjoy complimentary tastings of Bridge Lane Merlot Blanc and Bridge Lane Merlot. Call 631-298-1942.
3. Check out at 6 p.m. today at the 62300 Route 25 in Southold. Call 631-876-5300.
4. all day at, 36225 Route 25 in Cutchogue. Guitarist Bryce Larsen provides the songs. Call 631-734-7537.
5. New winery legislation has made local vintners very happy — the legislation, signed into law July 22 eases the reporting for out-of-state shipments, allows wineries to take part in an unlimited number of charity events, and allows wineries to crush grapes for smaller operations that lack the capacity to do it for themselves. Stay tuned for the full story.
To get 5 Things You Need To Know Today delivered to your inbox every morning, along with the latest local news, click Get the Patch Newsletter under "Follow this Patch" at the top-right corner of the page. And follow North Fork Patch on Facebook and Twitter for breaking news updates and more.
Stuff happens on the North Fork. Be sure to stay with North Fork Patch for our comprehensive events listings: http://northfork.patch.com/search/events.