Support your local rotary club at a chicken dinner and check out the Southold Town Board at 4:30 p.m.
1. Start your day with a massage and motion workshop at 11 a.m. at 425 9th Street in Greenport. Bruce Berger of Born To Massage Associates will conduct the session. The workshop shows an alternative way of massaging in conjunction with stretching and shaking to maximize pain relief and to enhance flexibility. Call 631-477-6372. Go to http://www.OhWhataMassage.com.
2. , 58775 Route 48 in Greenport, hosts Southold Rotary's annual chicken dinner from 12 to 8 p.m. This year's event "kicks it up a notch" with a chicken and ribs or succulent salmon entree. Call 631-477-0660.
3. meets at 9 a.m. for work session then again at 4:30 p.m. for its regular meeting. Call 631-765-1800 and for a summary of agenda items.
4. , 1500 Brecknock Road in Greenport, hosts a session on traditional West African hand drumming including proper hand use and technique which will enable the player to produce a variety of sounds from the Djembe drum. The class starts a 5:45 p.m. Call 631-369-2171.
5. Bill Pfeiffer, president of the Long Island Divers Association will present a talk on "Shipwrecks of Eastern Long Island" at 7 p.m. at the Pfeiffer will share his experiences diving on five wrecks, from a German WWII sub to a British Warship sunk in 1781. Call 631-948-0143.
Stuff happens on the North Fork. Be sure to stay with North Fork Patch for our comprehensive events listings: http://northfork.patch.com/search/events.