The turkey leftovers are almost gone, the Christmas trees are tied to the roofs of the cars cruising the roads on the North Fork, Black Friday has come and gone and Cyber Monday had us online ordering gifts at first light. Now it's time to get down to business and plan the office Christmas party.
Here are some of our favorite places that top our top ten list for your 2010 Christmas Party.
1. located on the shores of the Long Island Sound on Route 48 in Greenport, can accommodate a large group easily but can also handle a small party. If you are having a big party, you can get a band or a DJ too. Call Rachel Levin Murphy at 631-477-0666 to make your arrangements. She has been organizing parties for community organizations, offices, weddings, and anniversaries for years. You can order off the menu or have a buffet.
2. The newly opened located at 305 North Road just outside the is an ideal place for an office party. They served Thanksgiving Dinner here for the first time last week and are looking forward to doing their first round of Christmas parties. They can handle groups of all sizes. If you want to book your party, call Denise Burke at 631-477-4500. She is there for the dinner shift so call after 4:00 p.m. There is ample parking and the large building with a gingerbread exterior is easy to find.
3. If you want a smaller venue and are planning a more intimate party, check out the in Laurel. This pocket-sized restaurant is just off the Main Road on Franklinville Road. Slow down or you might miss it. The place is a favorite for regulars and locals. The food is great, the prices are reasonable and it is possible to book the whole room for the evening. It is an ideal place for a Christmas Party if you have a small office and want to sit down and eat in a relaxed atmosphere. Call 631-722-3292 for details.
4. Larger groups in search of a casual atmosphere with a dart board and a bar as well as tablecloths and service will love at 9870 Main Road, Mattituck. It's across the street from the , so you can always take in a movie after the party if things wind down early. They serve a buffet menu and offer a choice of dinners as well. Call Bob Chipetta at 631-298-8311 for details.
5. If you want to start the holiday season with some creative Italian cooking head over toat 13550 Main Road in Mattituck, where chef/owner Tom Schaudel and his partner Adam Lovett will get the party started. A Mano is offering a buffet or a sit down dinner this year. They will also bring the party to you if you want to have a catered event at the office. Prices run from $35 to $45 a head depending on the menu. Lovett said business is picking up and bookings are coming in so the Christmas spirit is upon this eatery. Call Adam Lovett at 631-298-4800 for details and to book your Party.
6. located on the waterfront at 835 First Street in New Suffolk, is a favorite North Fork sports bar and an ideal place for a party any time of the year. At Christmas you feel happy as soon as you walk in. The atmosphere is relaxed, the televisions are on and the bar is usually going strong. You can sit in the more subdued dining room if you prefer a quiet private party. Call 631-734-5123 to book space and make menu plans. You can go for a quiet walk on the beach when the party breaks up or roam in and out for a fresh air as the evening progresses. This is also a great spot for stargazing in the winter.
7. If you want to head back to the bright lights and the big city of Southold, at 55500 Main Street is the place for you. The Tavern specializes in smaller parties and can handle groups of up to 20. They offer a limited or full menu. Call Eric Russell for details and to book the restaurant. The relaxed atmosphere and cozy bar is ideal for the Holidays.
on Meeting House Creek Road in Aquebogue is decked out for the Holidays and ready to party on your behalf. Prices are reasonable and you can have your party at lunchtime if you want. Owner Tom Drake is offering a special lunchtime package with a choice of three entrees for $18.95 per person. The dinner menu is$ 24.95. Drake will put out a buffet for groups of 40 or more with items cooked to order. According to Drake, a lot of employees are getting together to throw a party in cases where the company or management has decided to cut back.
in Greenport is a nice getaway for a small holiday gathering. Located at 104 Third Street near the Shelter Island Ferry, it is an ideal place to meet friends coming over from Shelter Island. Call 631-477-1345.
in Greenport is small and the food is excellent. If you have a small group this is a great place to go. Call 631-477-4265 to make reservations as the restaurant is now on winter hours. The bar at the Frisky is an ideal place to meet for drinks during the Holiday season.