With the NFC Championship game pitting theagainst the San Fransisco 49ers this Sunday, many of the locals will be out in force to cheer on the Giants to repeat the success they had in 2008. Since the last NFL playoff season, there have been some changes in the North Fork restaurant and bar business.
If you plan on going out on the town, here are some sports bars throughout the North Fork where the Giants game will be front and center. The game starts at 6:30 p.m. but arrive early to get the perfect spot to watch the game.
- in New Suffolk is a perennial sports bar favorite to watch any major sporting event. Last year, Legends underwent substantial renovations and upgrades and was not around during playoff season. This year it is back and the walls are covered with flat screen televisions so you can catch the action on all sides.
- The Sports Bar at in Mattituck has the space for a good party, has several large screen TVs, runs a daily Happy Hour, and will be ready for the championship game.
- in Greenport has plenty of parking in the village lot behind the bar and is located right in the heart of Greenport. The large bar inside also has a seating area for diners..
- Southold’s has a spacious tap room that offers many local craft beers and local wines. The bar also offers a full menu.
- ’s is on the Greenport/East Marion border and has a loyal following and also offers a full menu at the bar. Try some of Skipper's seafood specials as you watch the game.