Take advantage of January's warm weather and get out and explore some of the North Fork's top events this weekend. Stop by an art opening or two, attend a game night, learn how to fix your old house, or take in a theater performance.
- If you are suffering from cabin fever, stop by in Cutchogue tonight for . Enjoy your favorite board games, card games, or bring your knitting to Peconic Bay Winery. The winery will offer special two for one drinks all evening. The doors open at 6 p.m.
- Local artist Bob Rothman passed away last month, but his work lives on in his art. His historic North Fork art will be on display at a preview the new book, “My Grandfather and Albert Einstein” at ART in Southold on Saturday from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. Enjoy aerial photography and paintings by Rothman and work by Stacy Branfor and Ron Rothman. Music will be provided by Southold Slim and the Park Ave. Gypsies.
- There’s still time to catch two great local theater performances. Northeast Stage’s is playing at Holy Trinity Church in Greenport and will be performed at the North Fork Community Theater in Mattituck.
- A new exhibit featuring sculpture and paintings by will be on display at the in Greenport. Stop by for the opening reception on Saturday, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tired of listening to the creaks and groans in your old house? The has a perfect presentation for you. will be discussing how to find and fix problems in aging structures on Sunday at 2 p.m.