With a special offer, the Long Island Railroad, Suffolk County Legis. Ed Romaine, and the want to encourage people to take the train to the this coming weekend.
LIRR riders traveling to Greenport will pay only $5 at the gate, and with the $5.50 rail fare from Riverhead, Mattituck or Southold, that’s less than the $15 normal price of admission. The Tall Ships package is available for sale at open ticket offices and ticket machines through May 27, but is not available onboard trains.
Here are the details and train schedules:
LIRR "Greenport Tall Ships" Package
- Round-trip rail to/from Greenport station
- LIRR Customer Tall Ships Admission Ticket (go directly to TICKET HOLDERS line at Greenport)
CUSTOMERS at MEDFORD, YAPHANK, RIVERHEAD, MATTITUCK & SOUTHOLD may select from the following options:
- BUY LIRR PACKAGE IN ADVANCE - If you are traveling prior to the weekend, purchase the package in advance (not available from red "Daily" machines such as the one at Medford; see station information for sales availability).
- BUY LIRR TICKETS ON-BOARD & GET A COUPON - Customers who buy LIRR tickets onboard the Ronkonkoma to Greenport trains on Saturday or Sunday May 26 &27 will get a coupon. Show this coupon at the "NON-TICKET HOLDERS" line in Greenport; adults/seniors will pay only $5 and children 4-12 will get in free with the coupon (see children's note).
NO BICYCLES - Due to large attendance, bicycles will not be permitted on trains or buses between Ronkonkoma and Greenport stations on Saturday & Sunday.
No Package/Added Service on Memorial Day - due to heavy holiday travel on diesel branches, the LIRR is NOT able to provide additional service, package ticket or coupons on Monday - Memorial Day.
Senior (65+) Package Price
Adult Rail Onboard East of Ronkonkoma
Senior Rail Onboard East of Ronkonkoma
Penn Station, Atlantic Terminal, Woodside, Kew Gardens, Forest Hills, East New York, Nostrand Ave
New Hyde Park, Merillon Ave, Mineola
Carle Place, Westbury, Hicksville, Bethpage, Farmingdale
Wyandanch, Deer Park
Brentwood, Central Islip, Ronkonkoma;
Medford (no full service machine)....
Riverhead, Mattituck, Southold
* Prices listed are round trip. On-board trains customers will be charged one-way fares for each leg of the trip.
Children's Fares Note:
- On the LIRR up to four children, ages 5-11, may accompany each adult for $1.50 roundtrip; children under 5 ride free. A FREE admission ticket will be included in packages purchased at ticket offices or machines.
- LIRR Train Staff on the connecting trains from Ronkonkoma to Greenport will have LIRR COUPONS that can be used for children 4-12 to get in free.
- Please make sure you have either an admission ticket or a coupon for children 4-12 to avoid a charge at the Tall Ships. Only children 3 and under will be allowed in free at the Tall Ships without a coupon or admission ticket.
Rail tickets are valid for 30 days from date of sale, refundable for 30 days from date of sale (full package only - all stubs returned unused) - subject to $10 refund processing fee per transaction. Admission Tickets and Coupons have no cash value and are good for one person each, on one day.
Getting There - Take Ronkonkoma Branch trains and transfer at Ronkonkoma station to the Greenport bi-level trains listed below. This list includes extra service available Saturday & Sunday only. Customers can get schedule information from your boarding to Greenport using Schedules & Fares. Customers can also text station names (i.e."Ronkonkoma to Greenport") to CooCoo (266266) for instant train times.
To Greenport - Eastbound
From Greenport - Westbound
*Bus will be provided between Riverhead and Ronkonkoma; bus connection times are not guaranteed.
The LIRR is not responsible for tickets sold by third party vendors to the Tall Ships.
For Travel information, see schedules or call 511and say "LIRR".
All train times, prices and dates may be subject to change.