North Fork Patch readers have decided the winner of this week's Readers' Choice poll.
Their choice for Best Chinese restaurant is in Mattituck.
Readers’ Choice is a weekly feature where we ask you to tell us your top picks. Each Monday we’ll list our nominees — this week was Chinese restaurants — and ask for your recommendation.
Here are a few comments on Jan's and the poll results:
"Jan's in Mattituck is consistently very good and the staff is friendly. The free green tea while you wait is a nice touch." — Karen Ross
"Everyone is sooo nice at Jan's, plus they remember who you are when you order and remind you of things you forgot to order!" — Michelle Edgett
- Where do you go for your Chinese food? (Voting has been closed for this question)
- Cai Hong Restaurant, Southold 18 (12%)
- East Garden Chinese Restaurant, Southold 18 (12%)
- China Kitchen, Greenport 6 (4%)
- Jan's Chinese Food, Mattituck 64 (45%)
- Kam Hung Chinese Restaurant, Jamesport 9 (6%)
- Tony's Asian Fusion, Mattituck 27 (19%)
Thanks for voting for your favorites. We'll have another contest beginning Monday.