Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, making this coming weekend Halloween party central across the North Fork.
Here are five activities from costume parties to haunted houses to celebrate this Halloween adult-style — feel free to let us know what we missed in the comment boxes below:
1. Peconic Bay Winery hosts a Nightmare in the Merlot: A Peconic Bay Winery Halloween Event on Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. The event is free and features a costume contest, live music by noted Wine Country musician Bryce Larsen, door prizes, drink specials, and appetizers. Reservations are strongly recommended. Call 631-734-7361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Check out The Dark Mansion Haunted House any day this weekend on Shelter Island starting at 7 p.m. and its costume contest on Saturday at 9 p.m. La Maison Blanche restaurant transformed itself this year into the spook house, located at 11 Stearns Road on the island. Admission is $15.
3. Saturday night at 9 p.m., don't miss Soundview's Annual Halloween Costume Contest and Dance Party - one of the biggest Halloween events on the North Fork. This year, the staff will dress up in Medieval garb, so expect kings, queens, jokers and castles to be serving drinks to vampires, zombies and Presidential candidates. Admission is $10. Check out last year's photo gallery of Soundview's costume contest here. Call 631-477-0666 for more information.
4. If you're Mattituck-way Saturday night, grab your broomstick and fly into the Old Mill Inn for its End of Season Halloween Party, also featuring a costume contest and live music from Gene Casey and the Lone Sharks. The party starts at 9 p.m. and admission is free. Call 631-298-8080 for more information.
5. The season is also winding down for Harbes Haunt Nights at a new "Sherwood Forest" corn maze at their Sound Avenue location in Riverhead. Don't miss the thrill over getting lost in a labyrinth and getting the daylights scared out of you while doing so. Admission is $12.95 and the event begins at 7 p.m. all weekend.