One of the unique things about living on the North Fork is the diverse amount of things to do, regardless of your interests. But Winterfest's Jazz on the Vine concert series is something for the grown ups, although surely children could come and enjoy the music as well.
The North Fork and Riverhead boast dozens of vineyards which have boomed over the past few decades, some of which are truly beautiful places to visit all year round.
Created to boost patronage to the wineries in typically off-season time, the annual Winterfest was created. Running from Feb. 12 through March 20, this is wonderful collection of events is enjoying its fourth winter running. There are over 50 concerts to choose from at participating locations. For a $10 door fee, you can get a glass of wine and enjoy some jazz and entertainment at your local wineries.
This is a great way to spend a late winter afternoon or evening — no summer traffic and great entertainmen. Enjoy a relaxing time while taking in the serene beauty of the vineyards.
Even though this is an East End-wide event, most of the events take place on the North Fork and in Riverhead:
- Sunday, Feb. 27, 2 p.m.: Matt Marshak
- Sunday, March 20, 2 p.m.: Lauren Kinhan
- Saturday, Feb. 26, 3 p.m.: Monday Mishiru
- Sunday, March 6, 2 p.m.: Bernal/Eckroth/Ennis
- Saturday, March 12, 4:30 p.m.: Nelson Riveros
- Saturday, March 19, 4:30 p.m.: Kelley Suttenfield
- Sunday, Feb. 27, 3:30 p.m.: Vitaly Golovnev
- Saturday, March 5, 4:30p.m.: Trevor Davison Quartet
- Sunday, March 13, 2 p.m.: Shan Kenner and Raw Trio
- Sunday, Feb. 27, 2 p.m.: Issac Jaffe Quintet
- Saturday, March 5, 1:30 p.m.: Morris Goldberg and OJOYO
- Sunday, March 6, 3:30 p.m.: Alex Sipiagin
- Sunday, March 13, 3:30 p.m.: Jerry Costanzo Sextet
- Saturday, March 19, 1:30 p.m.: Bob Cunningham Trio
- Sunday, March 20, 3:30 p.m.: Mambo Loco
- Sunday, March 13, 2 p.m.: Susan Periera and Sabor Brasil
- Sunday, March 20, 2 p.m.: Beleza Sol
- Saturday, March 5, 3 p.m.: Oscar Penas Ethereal Ensemble
- Sunday, Feb. 27, 2 p.m.: Hot Club of the Hamptons
- Saturday, February 26 • 3 pm: Janine DiNatale
- Sunday, March 6 • 3:30 pm: Tessa Souter
- Saturday, March 12 • 3 pm: Shenole Latimer Trio
- Saturday, March 12 • 4:30 pm: Willie Williams
- Sunday, March 20 • 3:30 pm: Marc Devine Trio
- King Scallop Trio:
- Every Friday, February 25 - March 18 • 7 pm
- Every Saturday, Februrary 26 - March 19 • 7-10 pm; Live at the Indigo
- Sunday, February 27 • 3:30 pm: MEM3 (Ernesto Cervini)
- Sunday, March 13 • 3:30 pm: Michael Jazz Trio
- Saturday, March 19 • 4:30 pm: Iris Ornig Trio
- Saturday, February 26 • 4:30 pm: Groove Gumbo
- Saturday, March 5 • 4:30 pm: Benito Gonzalez
- Saturday, March 5 • 3 pm: Tim Siciliano Trio
- Saturday, March 19 • 3 pm: Steve Salerno Trio
- Saturday, February 12 • 4:30 pmLobenstein/Salerno
- Saturday, February 26 • 4:30 pm: Ahmad Ali
- Sunday, March 6 • 2 pm: Ray A
Saturday, March 12 • 1 pm
Inside the "Out" Side of Jazz – FREE!
Discussion with Lara Pellegrinelli, Adam Schatz, Ken Druker. Moderator Bob Barta."Reaching the Audience: Jazz in the Digital Age"
Follow these links for more info:
Category: Adult Entertainment, Family Possible
Season: This is a seasonal event, but wineries are open year round
Note: Winter Event running for limited time
Stay tuned for #95 next week, same time same place.