Whether it's tinsel for the Christmas tree or lights for the deck, many different types of area shops are selling decor to help make your holidays brighter. We've listed some places that can help you save on both gas and time so you can add those special touches to your home for the holidays.
1. Bauer's Love Lane Gift Shop offers a nice selection of nature-focused ornaments for this special time of year, such as beautiful little cardinals and chickadees for the tree. They have North Fork towels and other décor to give your home that extra warm feeling during the holidays. They also carry the very popular Byers' Choice Carolers.
2. Clarke's Garden, 416 Main Street in Greenport, has a holiday setup which this year boasts a beautiful peacock theme. Come in to look around and enjoy — they have wonderful ornaments to choose from including a unique selection from Europe. Clarke's is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed on Tuesdays.
3. Hart's True Value Hardware of Southold offers you the basic necessities needed to decorate your home and tree this holiday season such as tinsel and lights. They business hours are Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
4. Altman's Needle and Fiber Arts, a shop that recently relocated from Cutchogue to a new location on Love Lane in Mattituck, has a nature theme this year of handmade ornaments. They carry Letterpress Christmas and seasonal cards, too. Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-5pm; Sun 12-4. Call 631-298-7181.
5. Sweet Indulgences, located at 200 Main Street in Greenport, has a beautiful selection of Christmas ornaments and other festive decorations for your home — and they feature products from noted designer Michael Aram. Their hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily throughout the holiday season.
6. Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild at 28265 Route 25 in Cutchogue offers handmade ornaments and decorations all done by local crafters. The Guild is open Monday - Saturday 10 am to 5 pm, closed Thursday and open Sunday, noon to 5 pm.
7. Winter Harbor Gallery has some lovely hand crafted ornaments and a whole lot more suitable for hostess gifts and holiday thoughts. Open daily.
8. Orlowski Hardware located on Love Lane in Mattituck carries the essentials for getting started such as lighting, unbreakable ornaments, and of course the important necessities such as heavy-duty extension cords and timers.
9. Preston's of Greenport once again has their festive seaworthy Christmas display up for everyone to enjoy across from Claudio's on Main Street in the village. Come in, enjoy, and don't forget to check out their unique selection of nautical ornaments.
10. The White Flower Farmhouse at its new location on Route 25 in Southold has a collection of vintage ornaments from the 40's and 50's. Check out www.whiteflowerfarmhouse.com
Is your house ready for our Deck The House Contest? You could win $100,000 for our schools – enter the contest here.
Remember: Support Greenport during “The 12 Days of Christmas”
The 12 Days of Christmas shopping and dining event is a village-wide holiday experience that unites Greenport merchants while supporting ongoing campaigns to shop local.The event kicks off on Dec. 13 and runs through Christmas Eve, following the themes of each day described in the famous Christmas carol. Participating merchants will interpret each of the 12 days of Christmas according to the song, offering promotions and specials to coincide with each day. Event is sponsored by the Greenport Business Improvement District (BID) and was designed and organized by Rena Wilhelm (owner of The White Weathered Barn).
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.