Whether it's tinsel for the Christmas tree or lights for the deck, many different types of area shops are selling decor to help make your holidays brighter. We've listed some places that can help you save on both gas and time so you can add those special touches to your home for the holidays.
1. , located at 53935 Route 25, has a great selection of indoor and outdoor lights to choose from, as well as timers and extension cords needed to create the ultimate house on the block. Their hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. , 416 Main Street in Greenport, has a holiday setup which this year boasts a beautiful peacock theme. Come in to look around and enjoy — they have wonderful ornaments to choose from including a unique selection from Europe. Clarke's is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed on Tuesdays.
3. of Mattituck brings its flair for adding a beautiful touch to every holiday with its unique assortment of decorations to make your home extra sweet this holiday season. Stop by to walk around, enjoy the decor, and choose from their huge assortment of ornaments, holiday signs and much more.
4. offers a nice selection of nature-focused ornaments for this special time of year, such as beautiful little cardinals and chickadees for the tree. They have North Fork towels and other décor to give your home that extra warm feeling during the holidays. They also carry the very popular Byers' Choice Carolers.
5. , located at 200 Main Street in Greenport, has a beautiful selection of Christmas ornaments and other festive decorations for your home — and they feature products from noted designer Michael Aram. People travel from near and far to see the store's special banjo-playing Santa every weekend. Their hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily throughout the holiday season.
6. One-eyed Bob's (formerly The Arcade) Department Store Front Street in Greenport may be , but it's still offering various decorations for you to choose from right now.
7. offers some truly exquisite glass ornaments and others with just the right amount of country charm for your Christmas tree. Stop by, shop, and enjoy some holiday cheer — and wine, of course.
8. located on Love Lane in Mattituck carries the essentials for getting started such as lighting, unbreakable ornaments, and of course the important necessities such as heavy-duty extension cords and timers.
9. of Greenport once again has their festive seaworthy Christmas display up for everyone to enjoy across from Claudio's on Main Street in the village. Come in, enjoy, and don't forget to check out their unique selection of nautical ornaments.
10. of Southold offers you the basic necessities needed to decorate your home and tree this holiday season such as tinsel and lights. They business hours are Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Coming soon: Is your house ready for our Deck The House Contest? You could win $100,000 for our schools! See the preview here: deckthehouse.patch.com