It's not every day that one gets to see grammy-award winning musicians and other bands of note right here in our backyard. Which is why, with in full swing this sunny weekend, you should try making it out to one of a dozen shows happening at local vineyards this weekend. Here are five — click here for the full calendar of events.
1. Mike Pride and From Bacteria to Boys, Feb. 25 at 3 p.m.,, 6025 Sound Avenue in Riverhead. Mike Pride is an eclectic musician who performs jazz, punk, metal, and alternative rock. He mans the drums in his quartet From Bacteria to Boys and serves as the group's composer. $15 cover charge includes free glass of wine.
2. Napoleon Revels-Bey brings his version of jazz fusion to, 39390 Route 25 in Peconic on Feb. 25 at 4:30 p.m. His music infuses, dance, latin, and rhythm and blues into jazz. Click here to listen to a sample of his music. Admission includes a free glass of wine.
3. The John Davis Quartet comes to, 31320 Route 25 in Cutchogue on Feb. 25 at 4:30 p.m. Davis is a well-traveled drummer who's been playing since the age of six. Recently, he's performed with Wynton Marsalis and Eric Reed, just to name a few. Listen to a sample of their music here. Cover charge includes a free glass of wine.
4. Pianist Osaka-born Eri Yamamoto performs at , 1935 Route 25 in Jamesport on Feb. 26 at 2 p.m. She has been playing the classical piano since she was three years old and began composing at eight. Click here to listen to a sample of her music. Cover charge includes a free glass of wine.
5. Guitarist Randy Napoleon has toured the world with Michael Buble. Now he jumps to the front with his own brand of jazz and will play , 3165 Route 25 in Laurel on Feb. 26 at 3:30 p.m. Click here to listen to a sample of his music. Cover charge includes a free glass of wine.
Who will you been checking out this weekend?