Here's a look at what's happening on the North Fork on Tuesday:
- Tots, Toys & Tales: Head to the Cutchogue New Suffolk Free Library from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. or a program geared for kids up to 36 months with a caregiver. Registration requested.
Enjoy and informal playtime ending with singing and a story.
- Tumbleweed Tuesday: It's the day after Labor Day, when locals take back the streets, beaches and roads. Head out to enjoy all the beauty of the North Fork that residents are lucky to enjoy all year round.
- Bring the umbrella. Tuesday's highs are supposed to reach 78 degrees, with cloudy skies and a chance of isolated thunderstorms.
- It's Tai Chi at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport at 11 a.m.
- Back to School shopping is still going strong at the Tanger Outlet Center in Riverhead. Bring the kids and scout out some great sales.
- Enjoy Twilight Tuesdays at Corey Creek Vineyard in Southold from 5 to 9 p.m. The event includes live music, late night tastings and family food. A rotating roster of local food trucks will be on site including Montaco, Silver Spoon, The Roaming Fork and Wandering Palate. Relax in the tasting room while the music plays; $5 cover.