Preparations for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday will naturally take center stage this week, but don't forget about the annual turkey trot at Mattituck High School, the Southold Candlelight Tour and Tree Lighting, and a workshop for business owners to prepare for Small Business Saturday coming up:
1. A Prostate Cancer Support Group meets at the Southold Free Library Monday at 6 p.m. Once diagnosed with prostate cancer we are on a lifelong vigil. If you have had treatment share your experience with other men possibly facing similar treatment. Discuss and learn about the latest findings of clinical studies that affect your specific condition.
2. A Small Business Saturday workshop for small business owners also takes place on Monday at 7:30 p.m. at the Giving Room in Southold. The class is free and explains how a number of resources are available for your business to ensure that you get your fair share of the Holiday Spend this season.
3. Don't miss the Mattituck-Cutchogue Teachers' Association's 7th annual Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, to benefit the association, beginning and ending at Mattituck High School with the course winding around neighboring sections of Mattituck. Thursday morning. The 5K run/walk starts at 9 a.m. Registration is $20 in advance or $25 day-of. T-shirts will be given out to the first 300 registered.
4. The Southold Historical Society's Annual Candlelight Tour and Christmas Tree lighting happens Friday at 3 p.m. at the Society’s Maple Lane Museum Complex in Southold. Each year a different group of local residents decorate the various areas of the Museum Complex.
5. The North Fork All-Star Alumni Basketball Games at Greenport High School will help raise funds for high school scholarships Friday at 6 p.m. All proceeds will go to the scholarship funds in memory of Michael Brown, Corey Freeman, and Naquawn Treadwell. For more information email email@example.com