The following is a message from Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell regarding the impending winter storm.
The Town of Southold has activated emergency operations to address the coming winter storm. Because of the expected severity of this weather event, we would like to inform the residents of the following:
- All Town facilities, including Recreational Programs and the Transfer Station, will be closed to the public on Saturday.
- All use of roads should be restricted to essential travel needs only. This is especially important later into the day and during the evening and overnight hours.
- All cars should be removed from public roads and not parked in the public right-of-way. The Highway Department crews are out now and will continue to be out to keep our roads clear and safe and should not have their efforts hindered by obstructions.
- Any loss of power/electric services should be reported immediately. You are urged to contact National Grid directly at 1-800-490-0075 to report any damages.
- The Emergency Management Committee thanks you for your anticipated cooperation.