On Thursday, we asked our readers on Facebook where the best places to pick pumpkins are. While some readers joked that there are no pumpkins on the North Fork and those seeking the best pumpkin should head elsewhere, others shouted out their favorite locations.
The following is a round-up of readers recommendations on where to get the best pumpkins on the North Fork. And if you have a recommendation, feel free to add to the conversation by posting a comment below.
- Jody Visek Love Helen's! A must visit every year!
- Gabrielle Bradford Helens Farm In Aquebogue gets my vote. They also have a super fun corn maze, wagon rides, bouncy house and super slide thingy, at prices way below some of the commercial farms on the North Fork.
- Valerie DeFio Love Helens Flower Farm in Aquebogue
- Anthony Chiaramonte Stakeys
- Terri Troise Nirrengarten Windy acres
- Ellen Ahders Lewins or Stakeys
- Jeanette Fink Finks Country Farm ....festival and pumpkin picking every weekend in October.
- Doug Wald Schmidt's
- Rick Martinez Anywhere in Calverton