Your choice for best place to 'staycation' on the North Fork is Greenport. Locals still see a stroll through this quaint portside village as charming as ever.
With it's unique shops, art galleries, fine dining, unbeatable views of Greenport Harbor and Shelter Island and the ever-appealingCarousel, Greenport Village wins this week's contest.
Readers’ Choice is a weekly feature where we ask you to tell us your top picks. Each Monday we’ll list our nominees — this week was places to 'staycation' — and ask for your recommendation.
Here are the poll results:
- Where do you 'staycation' on the North Fork? (Voting has been closed for this question)
- Orient Beach State Park 5 (12%)
- Anywhere on Shelter Island 6 (15%)
- Veteran's Memorial Beach in Mattituck 1 (2%)
- Breakwater Beach in Mattituck 2 (5%)
- Laurel Lake 1 (2%)
- Island's End Golf Course 1 (2%)
- Truman's Beach in Orient 1 (2%)
- Stroll through Greenport Village 15 (37%)
- A ride on Cross Sound Ferry 2 (5%)
- Loving on Love Lane in Mattituck 1 (2%)
- The back deck of Corey Creek Vineyards 3 (7%)
- Fishing off of New Suffolk waterfront 1 (2%)
Thanks for voting for your favorites. We'll have another contest beginning Monday.