If you haven’t donated money or supplies yet — or would like to give more — to those in need after local groups are offering opportunities for your charity at the following this weekend:
1. The group behind last weekend’s “Relay for Relief” is collecting donations after the Southold Athletic Association’s Annual 5K Saturday morning. Donations will be accepted at the Southold Elementary School from 9 a.m. to noon. You can also drop off goods through Saturday at JABS in Mattituck. Click here for more information.
2. The Rotary Clubs of Southold and Greenport will hold a food and supplies drive on this Sunday at King Kullen in Cutchogue from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Checks can also be made out to the Rotary District 7260 Foundation, specified for Sandy and it is tax deductible. Please send that to Barbara Ackermann at PO Box 291, Mattituck, NY 11952.
3. Girl Scouts of Suffolk County will serve as a drop-off point for non-perishable food items, baby items, (diapers, formula and wipes), toiletries, and blankets daily from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Riverhead office is located at 854 East Main Street, Riverhead. Contact 631-543-6622 ext. 226 or email@example.com.
4. Town & Country real estate will donate a portion of every rental commission from this week throughout 2013 to the American Red Cross and The Group for the East End. To assist friends and families throughout the New York area, Town & Country is collecting clothing and soft goods to be donated to those in need. B & N Moving & Storage has offered to deliver these collections directly to the Breezy Point Firehouse. Visit any Town & Country office with cleaned clothing bagged and marked in sizes on or before Nov. 23.
5. King Kullen Grocery and its wholesale grocery supplier, Bozzuto’s Inc., are donating $100,000 in the form of supermarket gift cards so that Long Islanders impacted by Hurricane Sandy can obtain food and other basic supplies. IGA stores supplied by Bozzuto’s also contributed to the $100,000, which is being donated to Long Island Cares/Harry Chapin Food Bank.