1. : Enjoy musical talent of all ages Friday at 6:30 p.m. at Jason’s Vineyard in Jamesport. North Fork Idol is an open mic where prizes are awarded based on applause, so bring your friends and make some noise. Food and snacks are available, great opportunity for networking and auditions.
2. : The North Fork Education Initiative is founding the Peconic Community School, a multi-age K-8 independent school and will host an open house on Friday at 7 p.m. at the East End Arts building in Riverhead. The group is still accepting applications.
3. : Two family yard sales will take place on Saturday starting at 9 a.m. to benefit the Long Island Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The address is 1570 Pequash Avenue in Cutchogue. All proceeds will benefit LLS. Many brand new items, small furniture, kitchen items, and much more will be available for purchase.
4. : Help the New Suffolk Waterfront look pretty beginning on Saturday at 9 a.m. for an annual beach cleanup. The day will includes brush cutting, weeding, wood chip spreading, painting, planting sunflowers /morning glories, rebuilding the boardwalk, removal of light and heavier debris. Bring work gloves and appropriate tools if you have them. Starts Saturday and runs all week.
5. : Have a glass of wine at One Woman Winery on Old North Road in Southold to support research for a cure for muscular dystrophy on Saturday at noon. The effort will help raise money for the Long Island Chapter of The National M.S. Society's annual “Walk M.S.” For more information go to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the winery’s facebook page.