Living so close to the water, chances are you may have a boater, angler, or wannabe sailor on your holiday list. Here are 10 local gift ideas perfect for boaters, whether you have a small budget or are looking to splurge.
1. Nautical Necktie: in Greenport carries many supplies for the boating enthusiast, but an affordable and popular option is the Nautical Necktie. Everything from lighthouse to crabs to code flags are represented in these neckties which retail for under $35.
2. Kayak: If you've spent afternoons on the water under full sail or power, why not give kayaking a try? in Southold carries several lines of kayaks, paddles, and accessories. Eagle's Neck also offers kayak tours of local waters.
3. Fishing Charter: If you have someone on your list who likes to go out on the water and does not own a boat, why not try a fishing charter? in Orient has a variety of captains that sale out on full and half day charters for anything from fishing in Plum Gut to offshore tuna fishing. Thealso sails out of Greenport, has a number of different sized boats, and trips available.
4. Fiberglass or gel coat touch ups: in Peconic offers everything from major hull repairs to touch ups. A gift certificate to Chuck's can help get your boat ready for the 2011 season.
5. Nautical Charts: A set of up to date nautical charts of Long Island Sound or other surrounding waters is always a welcome addition for any captain. Charts can be purchased online or locally at ,, , , and
6. Sea Tow Membership: No one ever plans on breaking down on the water, but it does happen. Protect your favorite boater with a International Membership. Sea Tow is a global boater's assistance network with franchises throughout the world. Memberships are tailored to the type of boating members do and service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
7. Boating Towable: Nothing says summer fun like a day of tubing on the water. There are many towables that allow either single or multiple riders. in Southold carries plenty of water toys from which to choose.
8. Marine Electronics: Electronic gadgets are hot, even in the boating lifestyle. Whether you are looking for a marine stereo, GPS, radars, sounders, VHF communications devices, or other entertainment device, you may call your boat dealer first to find a compatible unit with your boat. You can also call a specialty marine electronics dealer such as in Greenport or in Cutchogue to help you find and install the perfect gift.
9. Boat Gear: One of the more versatile gifts you can give a boat is gear. You can find everything from logo hats, luggage, sweatshirts, and windbreakers at local boat dealerships or marinas. If you need to find foul weather gear or boat shoes, try in Greenport.
10. Boat: Of course, the ultimate wow gift for a boater is a new boat. With the New York Boat Show just around the corner, many local boat dealerships are itching to make a sale before the show. Whether you are looking for a luxury powerboat, top-line fishing boat, skiff, simple outboard, sunfish, speedboat, or maybe something used, the North Fork boat dealerships are prepared to wrap up your purchase with a bow before the holiday. , , , , and have a wide variety of boats to choose from to meet any budget.