Here's a look at what's happening near you on Thursday.
- - Thursday will remain partly cloudy, with a high of around 74 degrees. Time to work outside or get some back-to-school projects started.
- The Floyd Memorial Library will show a film, "My Summer of Love," at 6 p.m.
- The Greenport Village planning board meeting initially scheduled for 5 p.m. has been canceled.
- Get a babysitter, because on Friday, the Southold Mothers Club hosts a meeting of M.O.M.s, or Mother of Multiples at 7:30 p.m. at A Lure Restaurant, on Main Road in Southold. Moms of multiples meet to share experiences, support and learn from one another and take a little time for yourself while relaxing and enjoying live music. RSVP Recommended. For more information and to RSVP, please contact Lisa at tuthill1@AOL.com.
- Harbes U-Pick Orchard Re-opensfor the season on Thursday. Apple picking, pumpkin picking, Robin Hood interactive corn maze and spooky mazes highlight the activities every weekend at the Harbes Family Farm Orchard, located at 5698 Sound Avenue. Also at the Harbes u-pick farm are hay rides, the Honey Crisp Café featuring cider doughnuts, wine tastings for adults, music, pony rides and pedal karts for kids.