Here's a look at what's happening on the beautiful North Fork on Thursday.
- It will be partly cloudy today, with a high of 79 degrees. Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.
- Today's the last day to enjoy the back-to-school dining deal at Lucharitos in Greenport, where kids can eat free. On the menu are a selection of tacos, burritos, and nachos. "Classroom rules" indicate that up to two children under the age of 12 can eat free from the kids' menu for each paying adult. The special is available daily from 2 p.m. until 7 p.m. For more information, click here.
- Enjoy a movie at the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library at 1:30 p.m. at "Hyde Park," starring Bill Murray and Laura Linney, depicts the "pivotal meeting between U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the
King and Queen of England at FDR’s home in upstate New York."
- There's a "Book Party with Bev," at the Mattituck-Laurel Library in the conference room, from 4 to 8 p.m.
- An Attachment Parenting Support Group takes place at 10:30 a.m., at the Peconic Lane Community Center Library, next to the Peconic Recreation Center, formerly the Peconic Elementary School. Join parents and support one another in finding peaceful ways to parent. For more information on the support group, contact Cassie at firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, on Attachment Parenting, click here.